Adult and Family Cycle Training – Pedal Ready
Free adult and family cycle training is available to anyone who works, studies or lives in the Borough. Training is available for all ability levels, from learning to ride, to cycle confidence, to advanced commuter skills. The cycle training is offered through one-to-one and group sessions and is run by fully- qualified cycle instructors. Bikes and equipment are provided for training sessions.
Sessions are run in Woodfield Park as well as in Sandall Park and Cusworth Hall. For full details of the training schedule and to book onto a course visit Pedal Ready's website.
Free bike hire
At the Keepmoat Stadium, Club Doncaster offer a free of charge cycle hire scheme, ideal for families exploring the scenic landscape and cycling greenways that link the local area.
Guided cycle rides are also available and anyone can book onto the rides, which are especially popular during the school holidays as a fun, free day out.
Bikes can be donated by the public, which are repaired and modified to be used as part of the hire scheme, allowing more people to access cycling.
For more information please contact email@example.com or call 01302 764663.
Walking in Doncaster
For details on walking, please visit the Walking pages.
Dr Bike offers free service & safety check for bikes at workplaces in Doncaster. Carried out by a fully trained mechanic, drop-in sessions include a full cycle safety check and advice, free minor on-the-spot repairs or referral to the nearest bike shop where needed. As part of the service, Dr Bike will tune gears and brakes, ensure chains are clean and lubricated, inflate tyres, repair punctures and replace unsafe parts.
Sessions can be requested by contacting Doncaster Council: Transportationunit@doncaster.gov.uk.
Our Active Travel officer delivers a planned programme of activities to increase cycling and create a supportive environment.
Activities provided are:
- working with the school management team to gain their full support for the programme
- using every opportunity possible to explain the benefits of cycling to the children, their parents and teachers
- addressing parental and school concerns about the safety of children getting around by bike, with the help of the local authority and other partners
- organising practical activities that help give people confidence to walk and cycle more, including group cycle rides, cycle training and bike maintenance
- linking cycling to the school curriculum
- providing training opportunities for teachers and parents, enabling them to start leading activities themselves
- organising local events, generating positive publicity and motivating children, parents, staff and community members to join in
- arranging UK-wide mass-participation events, such as the Big Pedal
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Bikeability Cycle Training in School
Bikeability training is 'cycling proficiency' for the 21st century, designed to give the next generation the skills and confidence to ride their bikes on today's roads. Helping cyclists develop observation and manoeuvrability skills, it introduces the Highway Code for Young Road Users, teaches the importance of cycle maintenance and hazard awareness and provides information and advice on being conspicuous and wearing protective headgear.
For more information or to book a bikeability session email: email@example.com