The annual event takes place each year to celebrate successes and share learning across the Network. To see how the May 2018 and 2019 summits went, please scroll down the page
To receive information about attending our future events please get in touch.
Get Doncaster Moving Annual Summit 2019
What another fantastic turnout for the second annual Get Doncaster Moving Summit, seeing over 100 attendees come together to help develop a culture of physical activity for the Borough. The theme set by Dr Rupert Suckling, Director of Public Health and Chris Perks Executive Director of Sport England was "Doing It Differently" and "People and Places" emphasising the need to work collaboratively with communities to address our stubborn inactivity levels across the Borough.
This was followed by three thought provoking workshops on:
- Tea & Wee – how can we ensure that all of our residents are engaged in major events?
- Doing it differently – imagining together as a community, ways to bring about a physically active culture
- Children and Young People– 40% of Donny kids are inactive – What do we do?
Below, you will find lots of information from the evening. If you would like to get more involved, please use the contact form to get in touch.
If you attended the summit, we'd be really grateful if you would complete a short survey about the event by clicking here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CM7GKK2
- Annual Summit 2019 - Welcoming address - Rupert Suckling (PDF, 3 Mb)
- Presentation - Doing things differently - Chris Perks - Executive Director Local Delivery - Sport England (PDF, 1 Mb)
- Tea and Wee Workshop 1 (PDF, 1.6 Mb)
- Doing it differently - workshop 2 (PDF, 809 Kb)
- Doing It Differently Key Messages (Document, 116 Kb)
- Children & Young People - Workshop 3 (PDF, 665 Kb)
Get Doncaster Moving Inaugural Summit 2018
On Thursday 17 May 2018 the first Get Doncaster Moving Summit event welcomed over 75 attendees.
Set up to engage with local businesses, sports clubs and voluntary sector organisations with an interest in sport and active lifestyles, attendees were introduced to the five strands of the programme and informed about how they could get involved in the network, as part of the wider Doncaster Growing Together strategy.
The Summit featured updates from Yorkshire Sport Foundation, Welcome to Yorkshire and motivational guest speaker, Simon Wheatcroft; a Doncaster resident and ultra-marathon runner who refuses to let blindness hold him back.
Rupert Suckling, Director of Public Health at Doncaster Council, said: "Get Doncaster Moving aims to help Doncaster's communities become healthier and more vibrant, by increasing participation in physical activity and sport. Through the programme we want to show that physical activity and sport should be fun and enjoyable, bringing people together, with individuals achieving their own aspirations."
If you would like to get involved in the Get Doncaster Moving network, please get in touch.
- Get Doncaster Moving Summit Presentations (PDF, 1.8 Mb)