For change to happen, we need to take people on the journey with us.
To support the work across Doncaster to increase levels of participation in physical activity and sport, the Get Doncaster Moving team have worked with partners to deliver resident focused communication campaigns.
The team also support other partner campaigns across Doncaster which aim to have a positive impact on physical activity levels, as well as the campaigns delivered by our national partners, Sport England.
Our campaign to #GetDoncasterMoving
From June 2023 onwards, a new resident-focused campaign has been launched on behalf of the GDM partnership to encourage those less active in Doncaster to move more.
Throughout the campaign, local people will share their stories about what they do to be active and why, in a bid to inspire others. To begin with, we're looking to start a conversation about what being active means, and to show the joy that can be found in moving more. We want to show that being active comes in many forms, and there are a lot of opportunities to be active at home and locally - be that through joining a club or group, going for a walk, or dancing around at home!
There are many more opportunities to be involved in shaping this work as the campaign progresses. You can support the campaign by:
- Share the campaign work on social media (see our channels for content)
- Request campaign graphics, posters and e-signatures by contacting us
- Encourage people to visit the campaign landing page: https://getdoncastermoving.org/letsmove
- Encourage residents to contact us if they would like to share their story about why they are active. Some examples of case studies can be found here: Doncaster Stories as well as in our News Hub.
- Tell us what you think about the campaign so far and any ideas you may have for it's development.
Previous campaign work
Throughout 2020-21, Get Doncaster Moving campaign work has focussed heavily on encouraging residents to move more by walking in their local communities and giving out appropriate advice given the pandemic. There has also been a focus on cycling, and support services available in Doncaster to encourage people to give cycling a try.
The campaign work has shared the stories of local residents, who are positive about the changes that moving more has had on their lives, using their own words and experiences to encourage and motivate others.
Leaflets were created and sent to households within three of our target areas of Balby, Denaby and Stainforth, featuring local people and stories, to encourage others to be more active in their local area:
Sport England: National campaigns
As the nation spends more time at home than ever before, Sport England's Join the Movement campaign aims to inspire and give trusted information about how to keep active.
Inspiring and supporting the one in four people in England with a long-term health condition to build physical activity into their lives.
Sport England's nationwide campaign to get women and girls moving, regardless of shape, size and ability.
Let's work together
You can support the Get Doncaster Moving campaigns by:
- Sharing our content on social media
- Share stories with us - do you have a great story about how physical activity is making a positive difference to a person/group/club/organisation or community? Tell us about it, we love to hear and share real life stories to inspire others and celebrate successes
- Talk to us about your ideas and opportunities to work together - we are always open to fresh ideas and collaboration!
- Join the Get Doncaster Moving Network