Corporate Volunteering is a great way to strengthen team relationships and skills, have fun together and create a real sense of shared achievement by enhancing an important community space.
Enjoy a corporate volunteering day with us at one of Doncaster's beautiful parks and green spaces.
Our corporate volunteering days are flexible and expertly tailored to the needs of your organisation and employees.
Suitable for business of all sizes, you will have a choice of locations across Doncaster meaning that you can select which area you'd like to work in, and a choice of activities to suit all abilities, interests and the time of year.
Why choose a corporate volunteering day with us:
- You'll make a positive impact on the local community by improving the natural surroundings
- We make sure that the work undertaken by your team is truly valuable and important to the local community and have a positive impact– we'll match you with real projects that have been identified as beneficial for the area
- A great opportunity for team building and developing skills
- Enjoy the benefits of being active in and around nature
Our partnership with The Conservation Volunteers means that you will have:
- An experienced team who are knowledgeable about the local area, the work being undertaken, and event management
- Access to high quality equipment and provisions to maximise your comfort and ensure the day is both enjoyable and safe
There are lots of opportunities on offer, often dependent on the time of year, for example:
- Spring/Summer activities could include grassland management, renovating site facilities, building wildlife refuges, sowing bulbs and seeds.
- Autumn/Winter activities could include woodland management, tree planting, habitat creation flowerbed creation and clearance, hedge laying.
After your Corporate Volunteering day with us, we will present you with a certificate for you to display in your workplace to acknowledge your efforts in supporting a local green space and we would be pleased to share news about your volunteering day with us on our communications channels such as social media, website and newsletter.
GDM Corporate Volunteering Leaflet Final
Corporate Volunteering Leaflet (PDF, 6.9 Mb)
Download a copy of the Get Doncaster Moving Corporate Volunteering leaflet.
View our gallery
Corporate Volunteering with Get Doncaster Moving was a great opportunity to try out something new, build relationships with colleagues and give something back to the local community.
Get your business involved!
For further information about our Corporate Volunteering offer, or to book your Corporate Volunteering day, please contact Gareth Dowle, Doncaster Green Space Network Coordinator on: email@example.com / 07483 045700
Doncaster Green Space Network Coordinator
The Conservation Volunteers/Get Doncaster Moving
As the Doncaster Green Space Network Co-ordinator I spend a lot of my time working with the fantastic volunteer groups that help to maintain and develop our local parks and green spaces. I support them with a range of topics from funding applications to the best time of year to sow wildflowers.
By supporting community volunteers to make parks thriving, welcoming and beautiful spaces I hope to encourage more people to make use of their local green spaces and truly enjoy what our many green spaces have to offer.
What do you do to keep active?
I visit parks regularly with my daughter, but as I'm a bit too big for the slides and swings, I also go hiking around Doncaster and the Peak District. I go Stand Up Paddleboarding on the canals around Kirk Sandall and Barnby Dun during the warmer months and I regularly go open water swimming at Hatfield Marina.
What advice would you give to someone who wanted to start moving more?
Explore new things. Never just stick to the same old stuff like running or cycling if you don't enjoy it. There are so many ways to get active that a lot of people don't even realise are out there. Find something you love doing and it doesn't feel like exercise. I may be a bit biased, but getting out and doing some volunteer work with a local group is a great way to get more active and make a positive impact.