The purpose of the Doncaster Active Travel Alliance (DATA) is to bring partners together to work collectively to increase and promote active travel across Doncaster.
It has enabled conversations between a number of teams enabling us to foster a partnership approach to the delivery of active travel.
Key achievements to date are:
- Approval and implementation of the Get Doncaster Moving Walking Strategy
- Walking & cycling officer in post to deliver walking and cycling actions
- Active Travel Auditor in post to ensure safe cycling routes are incorporated into existing and new development
- Approval of the Get Doncaster Moving Cycle Strategy
- Successful bid for Sustainable Transport Access Fund 2017-2020 to encourage cycling and walking: STAF webpage - Description of funding
- Transforming Cities Fund Phase 2a approved for Doncaster - this will link with our walking and cycling strategies working to encourage an increase in journeys made by low carbon, sustainable modes which is a key objective of the fund.
- Sector Led Improvement Conference poster presentation (see below) this gave Doncaster an opportunity to demonstrate the progress achieved through partnership working. Promoting a successful way to ensure public health improvement is incorporated into everyday business.
Please see above link "Services to help you travel actively" including, cycle training, free bike hire, bike maintenance and services for schools.
The Terms of Reference for the Active Travel Alliance can be found below:
if you would like further information, please use out contact form.