There are many reasons to volunteer; volunteering in physical activity and sport is one of the most rewarding ways to give back to your local community and to gain skills for your own personal development.
Here are some benefits to volunteering:
- Boost your CV – Giving time up to volunteer will show companies that you are dedicated and enthusiastic. It can also add new skills to your CV.
- Get back into work – Volunteering is a great way to gain new skills, fill gaps in your CV and to get a reference.
- Improve your confidence – By volunteering you will learn many new skills and do things that you might not have done before, this can be a real confidence boost!
- Improve your health – Volunteering in sport and physical activity can be active, by doing something active will improve your fitness.
- Meet new people – you will be volunteering with individuals who are passionate about the same cause as you; this is a great way to meet like-minded people and make new friendships.
- Have fun – sometimes volunteering can be tough and may require you to deal with difficult issues, but volunteering is also extremely FUN!
If you are interested in volunteering with a local club or organisation, please complete the short form below.
If your club or organisation is in need of volunteers, please complete the short form below: