BEFORE STARTING ACTIVITY
Doncaster Borough Council wish to assist its residents and visitors to the area, by providing information on this [website], to find opportunities to be active. It is important to consider carefully if the activity is for you and also to seek advice from a health professional especially if you have a medical condition, if you have recently had a baby or an operation. The classes and pursuits on this website are not endorsed by Doncaster Council. This means that we have not undertaken any special checks about the people running the classes or events or the venue where the activities will take place. If you are taking children to the classes, as with any children's activity, it would be wise to look into the safeguarding policies and practices relating to the class and the instructors. Doncaster Council will not be responsible for any injuries or loss caused to you as a result of using (or in connection) with the information in this website, in so far as permitted by law.
Get Doncaster Moving is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By using our website, you're agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
WHO WE ARE
References to "our Website" or "the Website" are to our main website www.getdoncaster moving.org and the activity database yorkshire.sportsuite.co.uk operated by Yorkshire Sport Foundation.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW
The information we collect via the Website may include:
• Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number, etc.
• In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
• Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
• Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
• To process your enquiries, orders, or to provide after sales service we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service;
• In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase. We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Get Doncaster Moving tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a 'subject access request' under the Data Protection Act 1998. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address: Yorkshire Sport Foundation, Nepshaw Lane South, Morley, LS27 7JQ.
Your request should include details and provide documented evidence of who you are (e.g. driving licence, passport, or birth certificate). You should also provide as much detail as possible regarding the information you wish to access (e.g. where and by whom information is believed to be held, specific details of information required etc.).