The Active Communities Grants scheme, launched in December 2019, provides opportunities for local people, groups and organisations to apply for funding of up to £500 to support Doncaster residents to be more active.
COVID-19 has dramatically changed the way we live our lives as we all do our part to reduce the spread of the virus by staying home. However, government and NHS guidance does encourage us to keep physically active, with this in mind we have adapted the Active Communities Grants to include applications which encourage residents and communities to stay active in their homes.
What you need to know:
- You can apply to deliver physical activity in new ways that meet the current social distancing guidelines
- You can still apply for activities to be held later in the year once the social distancing restrictions are removed
- The application deadline is 12pm each Friday and you will receive a decision within 7 days
- You can receive support in developing your idea by a Well Doncaster Officer
The fund is open to:
- Not-for profit voluntary or community organisations
- Registered charities
- Not-for profit company, community interest company or social enterprise
- Individuals or informal groups who do not have a bank account.
How to apply:
It is important to read the Information Pack below. Following this, please contact Well Doncaster Officer Marianne Turner for support, guidance and a copy of the application form.
Marianne Turner: Marianne.email@example.com / 01302 734484 / 07971 395978
Active Communities Information Pack (PDF, 529 Kb)