The Active Communities Grants scheme, launched in December 2019, provides opportunities for local people, groups and organisations to apply for funding of up to £500 to support Doncaster residents to be more active.
We know that active people contribute to a healthy and vibrant community, and a thriving community supports more people to be active. The Active Communities Grants will fund ideas from local people, groups and organisations that create the right conditions for people to 'get out and about more' and be active where they live.
The fund is open to:
- Not-for profit voluntary or community organisations
- Registered charities
- Not-for profit company, community interest company or social enterprise
- Individuals or informal groups who do not have a bank account.
Examples of what could be funded:
Some examples are listed below, however this is not an exhaustive list and we're keen to hear about different, bold and innovative ways in which the funding may be used:
- Purchase of equipment
- Events, or activities at events
- Materials and/or tools for developing community assets
- Informal and/or formal training to develop people's skills
- Mentoring and support for volunteers or staff
- Specialist expertise to help develop an idea or deliver a project
- Marketing and communication.
How to apply:
It is important to read the Information Pack. Following this, please complete the appropriate application form. All documents can be found below.
Applications can be submitted at any time. On the last Friday of each month, all bids submitted by that date will be reviewed and scored by the panel.
If you have any questions about the Active Communities Grants scheme, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the team.
Active Communities Information Pack (PDF, 528 Kb)
Active Communities Application Form, Constituted Groups (Document, 97 Kb)
Active Communities Application Form, Unconstituted Groups (Document, 99 Kb)