Active Communities Grants
Together, Get Doncaster Moving and the Well Doncaster team have created a fund called 'Active Communities Grants' which is available to local residents, groups and organisations to fund ideas that help people get out and about more, and be active where they live. Grants of up to £500 are available.
We're open to fresh ideas! What's important is that your idea supports Doncaster communities to become places where being active is attractive and accessible.
You can find your local Well Doncaster Officer on our Meet the team page.
Read about Woodlands Community Library Champions, who were recipients of the 100th Active Communities Grant: 100th Active Communities Grant awarded to Woodlands Community Library Champions
The grants can support communities to:
- Reduce social isolation
- Improve mental and physical wellbeing
- Improve the use of green space
- Raise aspirations for children, young people and adults
- Support people to learn and develop their interests
- Tackle drug and alcohol misuse
- Improve the local economy
- Reduce crime and anti-social behaviour
- Improve street safety for walking and cycling
Examples of what could be funded:
Some examples are listed below, however this is not an exhaustive list and we are keen to hear about different, bold and innovative ways in which the funding may be used:
- Events, or activities at events
- Materials and/or tools for developing community assets
- Informal and/or formal training to develop people's skills
- Mentoring and support for volunteers or staff
- Specialist expertise to help develop an idea or deliver a project
- Marketing and communication activities
The fund is open to:
- Not-for profit voluntary or community organisations
- Registered charities
- Not-for profit company, community interest company or social enterprise
- Individuals or informal groups
How to apply:
It is important to read the Information Pack below.
Following this, you can either contact the Well Doncaster Officer in your area for further support and guidance (their contact details can be found below) or you can complete the online application form.
The Active Communities Grant remains open all of the time with fortnightly panel dates to ensure a prompt outcome for applications.
Upcoming panel dates (10am cut off for applications to be considered by the panel):
8th January 2024
22nd January 2024
5th February 2024
19th February 2024
4th March 2024
18th March 2024
1st April 2024
15th April 2024
29th April 2024