Doncaster Future Parks
'Doncaster Future Parks' is the name given to our approach to improve parks and open spaces within Doncaster, so that more people can enjoy these beautiful spaces, and more often.
We do this by working with local communities to understand what improvements they would like to see made to the sites (such as footpaths, signage and notice boards), and what activities people might like to see taking place there (such as community events). We then start to work on making these changes, often in partnership with the local friends of group for the site (and if there isn't one currently, we support interested members of the community to set one up).
Edlington Pit Wood – tell us your views
We're currently speaking with residents of Edlington and the surrounding areas to find out about what improvements people would like to see happen at Edlington Pit Wood, to encourage more people to visit, and visit more often.
Please complete the online survey and share your views with us. This feedback will shape the plan for what improvements are made there. Please see complete the short survey here: Talk to us about Edlington Pit Wood
Speak to us in person
Come and see us and have a chat with a member of the team about Edlington Pit Wood. This page will be regularly updated with when and where we will be in Edlington. Dates confirmed so far are:
- Friday 3 March: Friday Market, 11am - 1pm, Edlington Community Organisation
- Monday 6 March: Future Parks Appreciative inquiry, 12:30pm – 2:30pm, Edlington Community Organisation
- Wednesday 8 March: Helping Hands Café, 12:30pm onwards, Helping Hands centre
- Friday 10 March: Friday Market, 11am - 1pm, Edlington Community Organisation
- Friday 17 March: Friday Market, 11am - 1pm, Edlington Community Organisation
- Monday 20 March: Inner Sunshine Warm space Mondays, 10:30am – 12:30pm, Growing Together CIC
- Friday 24 March: Friday Market, 11am - 1pm, Edlington Community Organisation
- Wednesday 29 March: Helping Hands Café, 12:30pm onwards, Helping Hands centre
- Friday 31 March: Friday Market, 11am - 1pm, Edlington Community Organisation
Please check back for further updates.
You might see posters about this consultation work in and around Edlington in the comings weeks. You might also receive a postcard through your door to let you know about the survey and invite you to share your views with us.
If you visit Edlington Pit Wood from Saturday 11th February, you will also see a temporary trail, created in partnership with Doncaster Mumbler, called the Edlington Active Challenge, which was created as an example of activities that could take place on the site from time to time. It is a free activity designed with young children in mind for them to enjoy during the half term holiday, but all are welcome to have a go!
Other Doncaster Future Parks – what’s happening next?
We have previously consulted with local people about four other Doncaster Future Parks – The Crags, Hexthorpe Park, Campsall Country Park and Town Field. You can find out more about what residents told us about these sites, and what is happening to improve these sites on our dedicated webpage: Future Parks Engagement