The Get Doncaster Moving Network holds quarterly meetings in venues across Doncaster, where guests share updates and make/strengthen connections.
GDM Network Meeting: Friday 1st March
The next GDM Network Meeting will take place on Friday 1st March 2024 at The Ivanhoe Centre, Conisbrough.
Please arrive from 09:00 (for a 09:30 start).
Please book your place by Thursday 15th February: GDM Network Meeting Booking Form – Friday 1st March 2024
- 09:00 Registration and networking
- 09:30 Meeting starts – welcome and introduction (with Cllr Nigel Ball)
- 09:45 Spotlight #1: Putting inclusion at the heart of sport and physical activity (with Paul Downes, Strategic Partnership Advisor (Yorkshire and Humber), Activity Alliance). This session will look at how we can work together to make Doncaster a more inclusive place for disabled people and people with long term conditions to be active.
- 11:15 Spotlight #2: Developing strong partnerships (with Alex Liversidge, Project Officer, Don Catchment River Trust). This session will look at how we can develop strong partnerships that contribute to our organisational and collective objectives.
- 12:15 Meeting wrap up (meeting officially closes at 12:25)
- 12:25 Open/informal networking (with the option to stay at the venue up until 1.30pm)
- 12:45 Optional led-walk, incorporating active travel infrastructure official opening in Conisbrough, and a visit to the Crags (see below for more information).
*please note the agenda is subject to change in the case of unforeseen circumstances.
*NEW* - Opportunity to stay for led-walk after the GDM Meeting
After the meeting closes, guests have the option to stay on for a led-walk in the Conisbrough/Denaby area. The walk will include attending the official opening of the active travel infrastructure in Conisbrough, and a visit to The Crags, where guests will be able to view some of the improvements made to the site as a result of the Doncaster Future Parks programme, as well as hearing from members of the Friends of the Crags, who play a very active role in caring for the site.
Please note that the walk is approximately two miles long, with some steep inclines and slopes due to the nature of the Crags. The walk will set off from the Ivanhoe Centre at 12:45, arriving back there about 2pm. Please be aware that lunch is not provided at the meeting (there will be snacks and refreshments) and therefore bringing a packed lunch may be advisable if staying on for the walk. Please dress for the weather!
Please feel free to share this information with others within your network who you think would be interested in coming along (and ask them to book using the online form above).
Getting to the venue
- The address for the venue is: The Ivanhoe Centre, Gardens Lane, Conisbrough, Doncaster, DN12 3JX.
- For accessibility information about the venue, please visit: AccessAble
- For journey planning by bus please visit Travel South Yorkshire. Please note that at the time of writing, there is a train strike planned for this day.
- For journey planning by walking/cycling please visit the Doncaster Active Travel Hub. Cyclists please note you will need your own lock with you and it will be outside storage – speak to one of the GDM team on arrival for assistance.
- Free parking is available on site, but spaces are limited. There is on-street parking nearby if needed. If it is possible for you to car share, then we would encourage you to do so.
If your circumstances change and you can no longer join us at the meeting after you have booked your place, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via the online contact us form.
If you do not currently receive invitations to network meetings and would like to do so, please subscribe to our newsletter by emailing us on email@example.com or via the contact us online form. You will be kept updated with the latest news, events and network meetings.
Get Doncaster Moving Summit
Once a year, the Network gathers for a more formal event known as the 'Get Doncaster Moving Summit', where typically over 100 guests gather together to reflect on the past year and to consider what is next, in order for us all to work towards the GDM strategy and our shared vision for Doncaster.
Visit our dedicated web page for more details about our annual summit: GDM Summit: This is a movement