Doncaster Green Space Network
Welcome to the Doncaster Green Space Network page. Here you will find information and resources to support existing members of the network, and information about how to join if you aren't currently a member.
What is the Doncaster Green Space Network?
The Doncaster Green Space Network is a collaborative network of community groups, volunteers and organisations, with the ultimate goal of supporting each other and the natural environment around Doncaster.
The network is an opportunity for members to:
- Share valuable knowledge and experience with other members, offer and request support from others and deepen existing connections across the network
- Access further experience and training through the support of a national organisation, The Conservation Volunteers
- Work together to encourage more people to enjoy Doncaster's green spaces
- Work together to improve the presence of parks in Doncaster
- Promote and champion good practice
- Celebrate success for both parks and people.
The Doncaster Green Space Network is supported by Get Doncaster Moving and The Conservation
Borrow tools and equipment
We are pleased to offer Doncaster Green Space Members the opportunity to borrow tools and equipment, free of charge, for use on their specified site within Doncaster. Please visit our Borrow tools or equipment page for more details and to make a booking.
Apply to hold a task or activity day in a park
If you would like to hold a volunteer task day, or carry out any conservation or general upkeep in a Doncaster Council owned park, please tell us about it using our online form. That way we can ensure that the correct permissions are put into place (to keep both you and others safe), your task/activity has insurance cover (may be your own or council provided depending on the task/activity - details below) and so that we can offer any other support. Please visit our Apply to hold a task or activity day page for more details and to complete the form.
Training sessions include:
- Social media training
- Outdoor first aid
- Bat Walk Leader training
- Funding applications and bid writing
- Risk assessment training
Please note all training sessions are open to DGSN members only. Please check back soon for upcoming training dates.
Promoting DGSN activities and events
To help promote activities and events organised by the Doncaster Green Space Network, which are open to members of the public, you can submit information to the Your Life Doncaster website using the link below:
You can also add your group to the Your Life Doncaster Community Directory using the link below:
Doncaster Green Space Network Members
Use this interactive map to view the parks and green spaces currently within the Doncaster Green Space Network: Interactive map
Click on the link below to view a list of the current Doncaster Green Space Network members and, where possible, links to member webpages for further information.
- Austerfield Mosaic Trust
- Bentley Urban Farm
- Canal and River Trust
- Cantley Park Community Group
- Conisborough and Denaby Positive Activities Group
- Don Catchment Rivers Trust
- Don Gorge Community Group
- Doncaster and District Ornithological Society
- Doncaster Naturalists Society
- Friends of Adwick Park
- Friends of Arksey Park
- Friends of Barnsley Road Playing Fields
- Friends of Campsall Country Park
- Friends of Cusworth Park
- Friends of Elmfield Park
- Friends of Grove Gardens
- Friends of Hatchell Wood
- Friends of Hexthorpe Park
- Friends of Hyde Park Cemetery
- Friends of Jubilee Park
- Friends of Kirk Sandall/Edenthorpe Park
- Friends of Martinwells Lake
- Friends of Quarry Park
- Friends of Sandall Beat Woods
- Friends of Sandall Park
- Friends of the Crags
- Friends of Warmsworth Quarry Park
- Friends of Woodfields Park
- Glass Park Millennium Trust
- Highfields Country Park
- Humberhead Peatlands
- South Yorkshire Econet
- The Conservation Volunteers
- Thorne Community Woodlands
- Wildlings community group
- Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
Join the Doncaster Green Space Network
Everyone is welcome to join the Doncaster Green Space Network – all we ask is that you share the networks vision for caring for Doncaster's parks and open spaces and wish to work collaboratively to support these beautiful green spaces to thrive, for everyone to enjoy.
There are no costs attached to joining the network and no obligation to join in with every project or task.
There are many benefits enjoyed by current members, including:
- Access to funded insurance through the Doncaster Green Space Network and TCV Community Network.
- Access to training, from essentials like first aid and funding applications to specialised training such as bat walk leading and horticulture.
- Access to a network that includes experienced volunteer groups and professional organisations such as The Conservation Volunteers, Yorkshire Wildlife Trust and Natural England.
- Support in development of new and existing volunteer groups.
- Access to a range of documents for planning tasks, activities and events.
- Opportunity to form relationships with a diverse range of groups across Doncaster.
- Access to support from a dedicated Network Coordinator.
- Access to shared resources such as tools and activity packs.