Club Doncaster Foundation celebrate Heart of Doncaster Awards
Posted: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 17:46
Club Doncaster Foundation recently hosted the Heart of Doncaster awards at the Eco-Power Stadium, recognising the incredible people and partners from across the city.
Over 130 people were in attendance on the night with guests from across Doncaster that included Mayor Ros Jones, partners from Doncaster Council, South Yorkshire ICB, Club Doncaster, Doncaster College, Yorkshire Sport Foundation, alongside the nominees and award winners, to celebrate the worthy winners of the awards and hear what impact The Foundation has on many lives across the city.
Media partners, TX1 Radio hosted the evening, as The Foundation launched the impact summary and strategic plan for the next three years. You can view their 2022-25 strategic plan and impact report through this link:
The award winners on the night were;
- Ellie Mortimer - Club Doncaster Sports College Student of the Year (Sponsored by Doncaster College)
- Tom Green - Darren Warner Volunteer of the Year
- Paul Reynoldson - Fit Rovers Participant of the Year (Sponsored by Doncaster Dons RLFC)
- People Focused Group (PFG) - Inclusion Award (Sponsored by Doncaster Rovers Belles LFC)
- Noah Hall-Weir - Young Person of the Year (Sponsored by Doncaster Rovers FC)
- Sunnyfields Primary School - School of the Year (Sponsored by Yorkshire Sport Foundation)
- Sienna Singleton - NCS Graduate of the Year (Sponsored by TX1 Radio)
- Patrick Queen - Eric Randerson Special Recognition Award
Some of the nominees were also in attendance on the night and were presented with a certificate as finalists.
CEO, John Davis, opened the night with a speech and showcased the promotional video that supports the impact and strategy launch. Speaking of the event, he said, "The awards gave us the opportunity to celebrate some of the phenomenal achievements of our participants, partners and the wider Doncaster community.
"A key part of our new strategy has been placing our community at the heart of what we do and this feedback has shaped how our services will look moving forward.
"We encourage people across Doncaster to join us, support us and help us improve more lives across the city."
Mark Hall, father of Noah, who took home the Young Person of the Year award said, "The awards night was such a huge success celebrating the Foundation and all that is good in Doncaster.
"The Foundation do a fantastic job within the community and it's something that my son and I are so proud to support and be a part of.
"We can't thank everyone enough, especially Heather and Claire, who have organised a fantastic evening in showcasing the work the Foundation does, and we look forward to giving years more support to this amazing enterprise."
If you would like to be involved in their Heart of Doncaster Awards 2023, please complete their online form: Heart of Doncaster Awards 2023
Should you wish to support The Foundation, please visit their Donation webpage.