Applications open for Environmental Pride funding
Posted: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 09:04
Environmental Pride was established at the beginning of 2022 to support community-led environmental improvement projects in Doncaster. The programme is led by St Leger Homes and City of Doncaster Council, with active participation from Get Doncaster Moving and other partners.
The first round supported eight community groups in delivering a range of projects, from communal food growing to litter picking lunches. The second round provided funding to seven community groups and offered volunteer support to four additional projects. The third round expanded Environmental Pride, offering support and funding to nineteen new projects.
For the fourth round, we aim to support community groups that can demonstrate how their projects will be community-led, respond to climate change by improving their local environment, and have a lasting impact. Projects can take the form of improvements to the natural environment, community activities/events in public open spaces or the creation of Community Orchards.
The programme is intended to help local residents make a difference to their community and will support projects that:
- Are created and led by the local community for the local community
- Improve or celebrate the local environment
- Remain the responsibility of the community throughout the project
- Support local people to become active in enhancing and celebrating their local areas
- Encourage people to be physically active whilst improving their environment and/or as a result of activity/project
- Bring people together and promote pride in the community and neighbourhood
- Are sustainable in the long term without significant ongoing organisational support or funding
- Are aimed at obtaining funding for a purpose that City of Doncaster Council and St Leger Homes (or its partners) would not normally contribute towards
What projects will be funded?
Environmental Pride funding is split into three categories:
- Category 1 – Physical improvements to natural environment (£100 - £5,000 available*)
- Category 2 – Activities/events within public open spaces (up to £1,000 available per event) - sponsored by Get Doncaster Moving
- Category 3 – Community Orchards (up £5,000 available).
For full details please visit: Environmental Pride - YourLifeDoncaster